GetPlugD JSTracker

Friday 2 March 2007

Goals for March

Remember these aims for February?:

- "Provide a blog that people actually find useful and isn't just me displaying my knowledge."
This is the biggie, it is an on-going process but I would say I have done quite well with this (well I hope I have, I have no way of telling for sure).

- "Increase traffic to 300 visitors a day if I make one post per day."
I have failed; I have increased traffic to a high point of 256 page views in a day, yet alone unique visitors.

- "Get into the Technorati top 100,000 (at the moment I’m ranked about 170,00)."
I achieved this ages ago, I'm now ranked 23,534.

- "Get Dugg once (achieving this would basically mean I achieve my other aims)" .
I failed, but then to be honest I haven’t really been trying to get Dugg.

- "Get 100 people in my AGLOCO network (at the moment I have 25)".
I failed- I have 40 people now in my AGLOCO network.

- "Get to Level 7 on Bestcashrewards (at the moment I am on Level 3)".
I failed, but only because they have been 'restoring the member pages' for weeks, preventing me from getting any referrals.

So again a mixed month, but in my opinion a lot of those goals showed my naivety and were over-optimistic. I am very happy with the progress this blog has made and I see little point in making goals like this for another month. I am obviously going to try to achieve all of the failed aims from last month, and continue developing this blog. I'm expecting a Google PageRank update in about a month (because they do them every 3 months or so), which will make things really get interesting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"isn't just me displaying my
knowledge."

Oh thats why there was never much to your blogs :)

608 said...

Ok.. I welcome criticism but it would be more productive if you could give at least one reason for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love your blog ! Mind to exchange links ? Drop me a comment or email me if you are interested

Cheers,
Edward

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt,
Added your blog . Check it out by clicking the 'link' tab below my blog's header

Edward

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your March goal.

Anonymous said...

:) good progress so far! :)